As I sit here today, reviewing what I have written yesterday, there is one big question in my mind: How do I move forward now?
Paul Lemberg has an answer. Well, he has a few questions in his post: How to engineer a breakthrough (on demand.) that lead to an answer.
(Paul has written the book: Be Unreasonable the unconventional way to extraordinary business results.)
Here are his questions:
What am I trying to accomplish?
I want sustainability to spread through the Australian business world.
What are some of the ways that can happen?
- Media work that educates entrepreneurs on the sustainable benefits
- Creating demand for sustainable solutions in consumers, so businesses are forced to change their production/services.
- Influence through local, state and federal politics
- Sustainable solutions for existing problems that are far more competitive than their “traditional” counterparts
Validate that this is in some way possible.
My interest lies in the fourth possibility. That means market research.
- Which solutions are more competitive?
- What makes them competitive? Price, Convenience, Speed, Quality?
- How are they sustainable?
- What is the bottleneck of them reaching more clients?
- At the same time, I need to find the most pressing problems Australian business are facing. And when I say problems, I mean anything they are spending money on.
What this does not answer yet is how my involvement will support that process.